Sunday, January 11, 2009

Little Life Lessons

Yesterday I had a dentist appointment in Robinson and had some extra time. What else do you do with extra time but go to Walmart! And that I did! We didn’t have anything to drink at home besides water (heaven for bid if I drink it!), so I decided to get Fresca. I love Fresca! Fruity, Spritey, and calorie free!!! And they had a flavor I had never tried- exciting! I checked out, went on my way to the dentist (only one almost cavity- since when do dentists diagnose you with an “almost cavity”??) and drove home. I carried my bags in (garland for $1!) and decided I was parched. I went to get the Fresca out of the car and it was nowhere to be found! I had left it behind at Walmart. Here is where the little life lesson came into effect. Little Life Lesson #1: Make sure you have all items when leaving Walmart. I was not happy. I was thirsty. I wanted my fruity, spritey, calorie free, new flavored Fresca! I called Walmart- they didn’t have it, but if I brought in my receipt they would give me my Fresca. Of course I already threw that away! I dug through the gross trash and found my receipt with my paid for Fresca. So until I take my receipt to Walmart to pick it up, I will be stuck drinking water and will have to wait to drink my Fresca.

Today after supper I was hungry for something sweet! I looked at the clock- 7:00 and saw I had an hour and a half to make something and eat it (I made a New Year’s resolution to not eat anything after 8:30). I decided to make no bake cookies. I love these things! Oatmeal, pb, and chocolate. The perfect cookie. Since the big pan that I usually make them in was dirty (and I wasn’t about to wash it by hand), I decided to make a half batch with the smaller pan. I had the chocolate sauce made and was ready to put the oatmeal in. Little Life Lesson #2: Make sure you have everything before you make anything food. Woops! No oatmeal. Now what! I could eat the chocolate with a spoon, but that’s much more unhealthy than eating the entire batch of cookies. I certainly was not going to throw out precious chocolate and peanut butter sauce. I decided to add Rice Crispies. Chocolate, pb, and rice crispies. Sounded good to me! I plopped the rice crispie creations out into little balls and tasted. Not too bad, not too great either. Even though they were a little chewy, a bit soggy, kind of dry and brittle, I had about 5. But don’t worry, it was before 8:30. Ok, most of them were before 8:30. Little Life Lesson #3: Does anyone ever follow their new year’s resolution 100% of the time?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Girl! Welcome to the blog world! And I would have eaten your chocolate, pb, and rice crispie concoctions (all before 8:30, of course!).

    Darla

    ReplyDelete