Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Goals!

Last night at Chi Alpha Bible study, we were asked to make goals for this coming year. When thinking about what I wanted to do in 2009, I realized that many of my long-term goals that I've had set for years will finally be accomplished. It was exciting, overwhelming, and it kind of made me feel old. With the goals that are soon to be accomplished came new goals that I've never been able to set. It's really exciting actually. One will always have goals. When a goal is reached, a door is opened for another higher goal to be set. Here are some of the goals that I wrote down for 2009:

1. Have a stronger desire to know God through scripture and prayer.

2. Be an example of Christ to others and be a role model for those to look up to.

3. Be a wife. (One goal I will soon accomplish!) I don't just want to be a wife, I want to be a great wife. Someone who Andy will want to come home to everyday, someone who does little things "just because", someone who will stick with it through thick and thin. I can't wait! I've had this goal since I was 3 when I played wedding with my cousin. I always said my goal was to be married by the age of 22. The wedding will be two weeks before my 22nd birthday- close enough!

4. Be a nurse. (Another one I will hopefully be able to check off my list!! Fingers crossed!) This includes graduating and getting a job. I want to be a nurse that people remember. If you've ever stayed in a hospital, you will always remember the nurse who went the extra mile for you. I want have an impact on my patients and leave them with a sense of hope, renewal, and joy. The first year of nursing can be the hardest. My hope is that I will continue to have the desire to care for people.

5. Gain a spouse, but not gain pounds. Andy and I have promised each other that we will NOT GET FAT after we get married. I sure hope we don't! Andy has always said that even if I was 300 pounds, he would still love me. That's very sweet of him, but I'd rather stay way below that! We're both pretty health conscious, so I'm hoping that sticks with us after marriage.

6. My last goal is to stay in contact with friends. After graduation, I'm moving to Wood River for good. No going home every other weekend to see friends and family. I'm going to be shoved into the real world. I won't be seeing friends from home or college as often as I would like to. Thank you Jesus for Facebook!!! I will have to make a conscious effort to stay in contact and not let those friendships slip away.

So there are my goals. Hopefully in a year I'll be able to look back and reflect on how much I have accomplished! Then I will be able to set new and exciting goals. Who knows maybe children will be on the list! (Just kidding....if it's there, it'll be a LONG-TERM GOAL!)

2 comments:

  1. Kaycee, I really don't know you, but I love your goals. I can relate to about everything, except the nurse part. I really like #5, about gaining a spouse, not pounds. I told myself the same thing. However, I gained about 10 lbs. Luckily people let me know, and I realized it too when not even laying on the bed could I get those pants zipped. Obviously, my husband isn't very health conscious, but it is great that both of you are so that you have support. Also, you kinda reinspired me when you said you don't want to be a wife, but a great wife. It is easy to cook a nice meal and put on make up when you're dating or first married, but once you have them and you know they're not going anywhere, it's easy to let things slide. You've made me realize that I need to always give him my best. I wish you the best w/nursing and with your new marriage. Sorry, this is really long for us not even knowing each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry, I forgot to say who this is...Jenny Amador from church.

    ReplyDelete