Thursday, January 22, 2009

Humbled

Tuesday I had the opportunity to wash the homeless' feet. My first thought....GROSS!!!!! We saw people who lived in shelters and on the streets. All we did was wash their feet and give them some information on how to care for their feet. The looks on their faces were ones of eternal gratitude. Something so simple meant the world to them. It's so easy to take everyday things such as bathing, food, a warm house, and clean socks for granted.

Washing feet also reminded me of the example Jesus set for us when he washed the feet of the disciples. He humbled himself before his disciples- even the one who was going to betray him- and did the low task of washing their feet.

I challenge myself and others to not take anything for granted and to humble ourselves. Instead of complaining about going to school, I should be joyous that I have the privilege of going. Instead of complaining about not having anything to wear, I should be grateful that I have more than one outfit in my closet. Be humble, reflect on what you have, and don't take anything for granted. Most importantly, follow Jesus' example and "wash feet".

No comments:

Post a Comment