Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Proof is in the Pudding

4/20/13
Your dad had band practice with Matt Stephens this morning.  While he was gone, I headed to the gym and had an extra long workout.  (I think I was working off some shock of finding out the news, or maybe I was trying to will my body into forming a six pack before it turned into a watermelon).   On the way home, I made a detour and went into Walgreens.  It’s so awkward going into Walgreens and just buying a pregnancy test- especially if you had just done it a week before.  I got the digital test so that I could prove to him that you were real.  I won’t say how much the test was ($18!).  When I got home, your dad was home.  I snuck the test into the bathroom, and what do you know- it read “positive.”  I went into the living room where your dad was on the couch, shoved the test in his face much like I did with the first one, and said, “So, is this proof enough?”  I wish I had a camera to record his face.  Shock, happiness, shock, shock, shock….He kept saying, ”We’re having a baby.  We’re having a baby.  We’re having a baby.”  I think he was trying to convince himself.  He stood up and hugged and kissed me and said he was so happy. 

We talked today a little about when we’re going to tell everyone.  We’ve decided to tell our parents and siblings next weekend.  My parents will be coming for a visit and feel it would be a good time.  My mom is going to be shocked.  She brought up having babies today when I talked to her on the phone.  It was so hard not to tell her about you!



No comments:

Post a Comment