Wednesday, June 26, 2013

6 Weeks- Telling the Parents

4-30-13
6 weeks 2 days

Week 6 has proved to be almost as exciting as week 5.  We told our parents and siblings this weekend.  What a relief!  I’m so glad I can talk about it now to at least a few people!  First I told Uncle Cody.  He’s in South Dakota right now and was so happy to hear the news.  I swore him to secrecy, but I think he told a co-worker.  Sunday, my mom and dad came for a visit.  They had no clue!  I made an apron for mom with “Grandma “ written on it and planned on giving it to her while we made lunch.  They brought mushrooms from the woods to fry up for lunch.  When Mom started frying I asked her if she would like an apron, but she declined.  I then offered it again, but again she declined.  Finally I said, “Well, I made it for you….so take it!”  She asked if it was for real, screamed, started crying, gave me a hug, and then apologized for frying mushrooms.  She was afraid they would bother my stomach since she refused to fry them for dad when she was pregnant.  I looked over at Dad, and he just sat there, his face red, and tears in his eyes.  The first thing he said was, “Well Andrew, you better start selling some houses.”  They were both so happy and excited for finally have a grandchild.

That night we went over to Phil and Renee’s to tell your dad’s side of the family.  I had sent a text to everyone on Saturday about getting together for a game night.  Since I’m not one to play games, pretty much everyone read through it and thought I was going to make an announcement.  Aunt Jenna asked me at church Saturday morning if I was pregnant, and I told her no.  She texted the rest of the family with the disappointing news, stating I would never lie to her.  She asked me again at church Sunday night if I was pregnant, and if so she was going to get a balloon.  I told her no…sorry to disappoint.  We headed to Phil and Renee’s after church.  Uncle Matt made some burgers.  Uncle Jared asked me if I was pregnant, and I told him no.  (I was really just looking for an opportunity to give Renee her “Grandma” apron.)  Before I could give the apron, your Dad stood up and said he had an announcement.  (Everyone later said they thought he was going to announce that he had cancer.).  His exact words were, “As many of you probably know, we didn’t have everyone get together for game night.  Kaycee and I have something to tell you…..I impregnated Kaycee.”  What a way to tell the news!  But whatever.  Everyone was happy and said they knew all along. I think your Aunt Jenna might have been a little mad that I lied to her, but we made up after I told her I would never lie to her again.  Shortly after, Grammy Renee went to her room and came back with at least 15 baby outfits, half of them Christmas theme.  She has at least 50 outfits for future use.  Everyone is so excited and the aunts are already planning a gender reveal party.  You are going to be so spoiled!

Today I went to see the doctor to make everything “official.”  He said I was definitely pregnant and wanted to have an ultrasound done in 2 weeks to see exactly how far along I am.  I don’t know if I can wait 2 weeks!  He gave me a goody bag full of vitamins, magazines, and a laxative (oh joy!).   Let the 2 week countdown begin!



This week, Baby is the size of an: Chocolate sprinkle
How far along? 6 weeks (I think)
Due date: December 22 (until proven otherwise)
Total weight gain/loss: 0
Maternity clothes? Oh heavens no.
Sleep: Like a log, woke up once to pee at 4:00 am
Best moment this week: Telling all the family that I’m pregnant, and hearing the doctor say, “You’re definitely pregnant!”
Food cravings: Coffee, tortilla chips, and zucchini
Symptoms: Cramping, sore boobs, a need for a nap everyday at 3pm, dizziness, heart burn, and queasiness.
Food aversions/sickness:  I never want to eat eggs or chicken salad ever again.  I also had a patient with CDIFF and Oh LORD!
Gender: The only girl I told at work claims to have a sixth sense when guessing gender.  She says boy.
Feeling toward Pregnancy: I want to tell everyone our good news!
What I miss: Coffee, lunch meat, and energy
What I am looking forward to: Our ultrasound in 2 weeks
Milestones: Having the doctor confirm I’m pregnant and telling the family.

Stories:  I had 3 people at work ask me if I was pregnant.  One asks me every week, one asked me out of the blue, and the other claimed I was because my boobs looked bigger…..if they only knew.

After the Color Run

Mom proudly showing off her "Grandma" apron.



No comments:

Post a Comment