Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Making an Apron...

Growing up with a mother who could sew was the best. My mama is so talented when it comes to creativity and sewing. She made everything from dresses to Halloween costumes, color guard flags to doll clothes, and musical costumes to bridesmaid dresses. I was hoping the gift would pass down to me and.........the jury's still out on that one. A few weeks ago I found a printed table cloth on clearance and thought I MAYBE could make something out of it. So...I made an apron...without a pattern (really relying on those sewing genes. Risky, I know!)



The Fabric. Thank you, Target Clearance!


I used an apron Mom made for a pattern.


Folding and ironing down the edges.


Let the sewing begin!

And after some more sewing magic.....

And 2 broken needles....


The apron was finished!!!!



Not quite Mama quality, but not too shabby :)



No comments:

Post a Comment